Membership Terms and Conditions
1. Our agreement
1.1 These terms are a membership agreement between you and Hume City Council Leisure Centres (Hume City Council – ABN 14 854 354 856).
1.2 It is important that you have read and understood all the terms and conditions of the Agreement before agreeing to these terms.
1.3 It is also important that you understand that by signing up to this membership you agree to the following stipulated terms and conditions.
1.4 Please contact us if you have any questions.
2. General Terms
2.1 Inappropriate behaviour by a member which is deemed by management likely to lead to injury, harassment or embarrassment to any member or employee of Hume Leisure, or damage to any equipment or building belonging to Hume Leisure may see the member suspended from use of the facility with no refund of fees or extension to their term of the membership.
2.2 Smoking is prohibited in all Hume City Council facilities. The consumption of or being under the influence of alcohol within the centres or their grounds is not permitted and may result in cancellation of membership.
2.3 Memberships are valid for one person only; multiple people cannot share one membership.
2.4 I acknowledge that if I provide access to the centre for a non-member, I may have my membership cancelled and charged a $250 penalty which will be automatically debited from my bank account or credit card. I understand that this policy is applicable regardless of whether the person I provide access to exercises or not.
2.5 A breach of any condition of this membership may result in the immediate suspension or cancellation of your membership by management.
2.6 You must be 15 years or older to obtain a membership at Hume City Council’s Leisure Centres (Unless an Active Teens membership).
2.7 Any matter where a person is suspected of consuming or trafficking illegal substances will be referred to the police. Any member found committing a crime on the premises of any Hume City Council Leisure facility will have their membership cancelled immediately and the matter will be referred to the police.
2.8 Financial members of any Hume Leisure facility have reciprocal membership rights at all Hume City Council Leisure operated facilities (may exclude promotional membership types).
2.9 Management reserves the right to alter or amend the conditions of the membership with 14 days’ notice.
2.10 No clause or term in these conditions is intended to exclude the operation of any condition or warranty implied by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and any such claim or term, if any, shall be severable and of no force or effect.
2.11 Personal property cannot be held at reception, and no responsibility will be taken for property brought into the centre. Lockers are available free-of-charge to members and a fee to non-members. Lost locker keys will incur a replacement fee.
2.12 By entering any Hume City Council Leisure Centre, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions of entry, which are displayed at the main entrance and throughout these facilities, and relevant signage which may be erected within the facility. This includes signage outlining behaviour requirements around swimming facilities.
2.13 When you use our facilities, you acknowledge all risk which is inherent with the use of swimming facilities and will take reasonable care.
2.14 At all times while within a Hume City Council Leisure Centre, you will comply with the reasonable direction of all staff members.
2.15 Unused credits/passes are non-refundable and non-transferable to future or current card holders.
3.1 Members are entitled to a choice of the following areas under their membership; Gym, Group fitness classes and the Aquatics areas. Waterslides are not included in the membership and are an additional charge.
3.2 Members will receive a complimentary access key and locker access.
3.3 Membership access keys always remain the property of Hume City Council. Management reserves the right to request a membership access key from any person at any time.
3.4 Membership Cards must be presented at reception or gates for entry to the facility.
3.5 Management reserves the right to terminate or suspend your membership for not complying with any of the terms and conditions listed.
3.6 Reciprocal access to all Hume Leisure Facilities is provided.
4. Health and safety
4.1 When you use our facilities, we expect you to be medically sound to undertake physical activity. If you are unsure, please seek medical advice from your doctor.
4.2 You agree to advise us of all relevant personal, health and fitness information before and during any exercise program or other activity which may affect your ability to use facilities or exercise equipment within the centre.
4.3 You warrant that information you give us will be true and accurate and not otherwise misleading to the best of your knowledge.
4.4 You agree to not use our facilities if you are suffering from any form of illness, disease, injury or other condition that could be a risk to your health or safety, or that of other members and guests.
5. Emergencies (Splash Aqua Park & Leisure Centre – 24/7 Gymnasium)
5.1 If you seek to use the 24/7 Gymnasium at the Splash Aqua Park & Leisure Centre, you agree to undertake an induction session to access the facility and to comply with all relevant emergency procedures as they relate to its use after business hours.
5.2 The centre has personal duress lanyards for safety and security reasons and to alert emergency services, for example, if you are, or feel, threatened or need medical attention.
5.3 If you deliberately misuse personal duress lanyard, you agree to pay for any costs, loss or damages which may be incurred by Hume City Council Leisure Centres due to this inappropriate use.
5.4 In the event of a serious emergency outside of staffed hours, please contact emergency services on 000.
6. Centre closures
6.1 For a variety of reasons, we may be required to close our centre or prevent access to an area for a period of time.
6.2 If this occurs, we will communicate your membership options and access.
6.3 We will make every effort to advise you about changes in membership conditions, or facility closures via email, phone, on our website and/or across our social media platforms with 14 days’ notice.
7. Water Safety
7.1 Parent/Guardians must actively supervise their children in the water in line with the Centre’s “Watch Around Water” safety program.
7.2 Children under 5 – must be fully supervised and remain within arm’s reach of an adult/guardian (16 years or older) and wear a yellow wristband provided by staff.
7.3 Children 5-9 – must be accompanied into the facility and constantly supervised by a parent/guardian (16 years or older) and wear a red wristband provided by staff.
7.4 Children who are not supervised will be removed from the water.
8. Gymnasium / Group Fitness Classes
8.1 Only members with proof of payment will be permitted to use equipment in the gymnasium.
8.2 Members are responsible for replacing equipment that they have used in the appropriate storage area or rack. Members must take due care in the handling of weights for their own and other member’s safety.
8.3 Bags are not permitted in the free weight area of the gymnasium.
8.4 The number of participants for group fitness classes will be strictly enforced. Entry to classes will not be permitted after the class begins.
8.5 Persons seeking to participate in group fitness classes must obtain a ticket for each class and keep this ticket until an instructor collects it.
8.6 Management reserves the right to alter the Program Class Timetable without notice.
8.7 Participants of group fitness classes must wear fitness attire which is appropriate for the activity they are undertaking and should seek guidance from the relevant instructor if they are unclear.
8.8 Participants are required to clean perspiration from equipment with provided disposable cleaning products after each use.
8.9 Children under the age of 15 years are not permitted in the gymnasium or group fitness classes unless participating in an approved program.
8.10 Drinks are permitted into workout areas. These must be in non-glass spill-proof containers only. For example, plastic sports drink bottles.
9. Swim and Fitness Passes
9.1 Swim Passes and Fitness Passes are discounted multiple visit passes.
9.2 Fitness Passes will expire after 3 months and Swim Passes after 6 months from the date of issue.
9.3 Unused visits or expired cards will be considered to have zero value and are non-refundable and non-transferable to future card holders.
9.4 Persons accessing the facility and using a swim and or fitness pass are expected to comply with these terms and conditions.
10. Active Teens
10.1 Minimum age - applicants must be aged between 12 - 15 to apply for a Teen Membership with the permission of a parent or guardian within our centre.
10.2 Warm Water Pool, Sauna, Spa and Steam Room are excluded within the Teen Aqua Membership as these areas do not fit within the age bracket.
10.3 The joining fee is not applicable to the Active Teen Membership.
11. Suspending your membership
11.1 Members may elect to suspend their membership any time after 14-days from the commencement of their membership.
11.2 The minimum term that a membership will be suspended is two weeks.
11.3 Maximum term that a membership will be suspended is for two months for every 12 months.
11.4 Membership suspension requests must be submitted in writing.
11.5 Paid in full memberships;
11.5.1 Memberships which have been paid in full may be suspended with an administration fee.
11.5.2 Membership suspensions which are requested due to medical reasons will not incur a fee. A relevant medical certificate must be provided.
12. Cancelling your membership
12.1 Members may elect to cancel their membership without incurring any fee. A member must provide a cancellation request in writing whereby the membership will be cancelled within a 14-day period.
12.2 Paid in full memberships;
12.2.1 Upon written application, a refund may be issued in extenuating circumstances (eg: terminal medical conditions with a medical certificate, death).
12.2.2 Paid in full members may elect to transfer their membership to another person. A fee to transfer your membership to another person will apply (except for medical reasons with a medical certificate provided).
13. Student and concession discounts
13.1.1 All full-time students from 15 years of age are eligible for a student discount on a membership. To be eligible for the discount, students must provide proof of their enrolment status at an approved Australian education institution.
13.1.2 Upon request, any member who cannot present valid photo identification within a reasonable time period will be obliged to pay the applicable full membership rate.
13.2.1 Concession Cards must remain current during the membership period and Hume City Council reserves the right to check the validity of the identification at any time.
13.2.2 Any concessional member who cannot present a valid concession card within a reasonable time period will be obliged to pay the applicable non-concession membership rate.
13.2.3 Proof of valid concession status and proof of identity must be produced when purchasing or renewing these membership types.
13.2.4 Types of concession cards which are acceptable are: Department of Veterans Affairs, Health Care Card, Pension Card, Seniors Card (Cards marked Dependant and National Seniors Cards will not be accepted).
13.2.5 A 3-month Concession Membership cannot be purchased with a Health Care Card with less than a 1-month expiry.
13.2.6 A 12-month Concession Membership cannot be purchased with a Health Care Card with less than a 6-month expiry.
14.1 Any fee increases from 1st July annually will be reflected in Hume City Council’s Fees and Charges Schedule.
14.2 Members/pass holders who require a replacement membership card will incur an administration fee.
14.3 Memberships are non-refundable but may be transferred to another person. An administration fee may be applicable.
14.4 We offer a 7-day cooling off period, when new members have the option of cancelling & receiving a full refund. Requests for refund need to be made in writing to the centre via email.
15. Joining Fee
15.1 Our joining fee is referenced in Hume City Council’s Fees & Charges Schedule for the financial year, which will cover the administrative costs for establishing your membership. This fee is payable by new members upon commencement of a membership and is non-refundable.
15.2 This fee is payable by new members on the day of establishing the membership. Persons whose membership has lapsed for two months will be required to pay this fee again.
16. Direct Debit
16.1 Membership fees will be payable by direct debit from your nominated debit or credit card account.
16.2 When applying for a membership, you will be required to complete a Direct Debit Payment Agreement with our biller EziDebit Pty Ltd (ACN 096 902 813).
16.3 The Direct Debit Payment Agreement is separate to this agreement.
16.4 By nominating a credit or debit account, you authorise EziDebit to deduct all fees and charges applicable under this agreement.
16.5 Your membership fees are payable in fortnightly direct debit payments from your membership start date.
16.6 It is your responsibility to ensure that there are enough funds in your account to allow a debit payment to be made in accordance with the direct debit request.
16.7 If there are insufficient funds in your account to meet a debit payment you may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution;
16.8 If your direct debit payment is declined, you will be required to pay any outstanding balance at a Hume City Council Leisure Centre upon your next visit. Any outstanding payment remaining on your next scheduled direct debit date will be deducted from your nominated account. Access to the centre will be denied whilst an outstanding balance exists.
16.9 Your Membership may also be terminated by us if your Membership Fees remain unpaid for 3-fortnights.
16.10 Members will be required to pay any outstanding fees as a condition of membership renewal.
16.11 Hume City Council will only refund deductions due to errors made by Hume City Council for the first month after cancelling.
16.12 If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your account, you should notify us directly and confirm that in writing.
16.13 If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has not been incorrectly debited, we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding.
16.14 Any queries you may have about an error made in debiting your account should be directed to us in the first instance so that we can attempt to resolve the matter. If we cannot resolve the matter you can still refer it to your financial institution which will obtain details from you of the disputed transaction and may lodge a claim on your behalf.
16.15 We will keep any transaction information (including your account details) confidential. We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
16.16 We will only disclose information that we have about you:
16.16.1 To the extent specifically required by law; or
16.16.2 For the purposes of administering your membership (including engaging third parties or disclosing information in connection with any query or insurance claim).
Feedback and complaints
If you would like to provide feedback or make a complaint, please speak to a member of our Customer Service team in centre, or email us at: email@example.com, or phone us on 9356 6800.
Alternatively you can fill in the below form
Conditions of Entry and Use
By entering Splash Aqua Park and Leisure Centre, you agree to adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- You will follow the instructions of Splash Aqua Park and Leisure Centre staff at all times.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol is prohibited.
- Offensive language, aggressive behaviour, littering, spitting, or being under the influence of alcohol or drugs is not permitted at any time.
- You must take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and for the health and safety of others.
- We reserve the right to close any part of the facility at any time at our discretion.
- You must comply with statutory evacuation drills and training exercises that will be undertaken regularly.
- You must not wilfully damage any property or equipment.
- We will not take responsibility for unattended personal items.
- Mobile phones are not to be used within change rooms.
- Photography of any kind is not permitted without approval of Centre management.
- By entering the facility, making use of the facilities or participating in any activities, you do so at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry or evict any person from the centre for any breach of these conditions.
- You indemnify Hume City Council from and against all actions, costs, claims, charges, expenses, penalties, demands and damages which may be brought, made or claimed against them, from the use of the facilities at the centre.
- We reserve the right to search bags and belongings on entry and exit.
- You will follow staff instructions at all times.
- If you advise staff that you intend to use the Gym after operating hours (from 10pm to 5:30am), you agree to undergo an induction to after-hours use of the gym.
- You must understand how Personal Duress lanyard works and agree to use it only in an emergency.
- You will wear appropriate footwear and clothing.
- You will practice good personal hygiene by wiping down equipment when you have finished using it.
- Limit your time to 30 minutes on our cardio and 10 minutes on our weights equipment during peak times.
- You can use lockers provided for bags and other personal belongings as management does not take responsibility for unattended personal items.
- Return weights and other equipment away after use.
- Do not drop weights.
- Use safety collars on relevant equipment at all times.
- You will speak with a member of our staff if you are unsure on how to use our equipment.
- Group Fitness Studio, Cycle Studio and Mind and Body Studio
- You will follow staff instructions at all times.
- Wear appropriate footwear and clothing.
- You will comply with our strict lateness policy - to ensure a safe and uninterrupted experience for all participants, you will not be permitted to join the class once it has started if you are late.
- Group fitness classes are available to eligible members who have group fitness classes included in their membership and to guests who have purchased a pass.
- You will exercise at an intensity that is comfortable for your fitness level.
- You will consult your instructor before the class if you have a current or previous injury, or need to modify how you do the class
- You will follow staff instructions at all times.
- All riders must be a minimum of 1.25 metres tall.
- You will take note of any additional slide-specific rules, guidelines or recommendations listed on signage prior to entering the waterslides.
- The following items are not permitted to be worn by persons using the Waterslides:
- Eye glasses unless securely fixed with head straps
- Swimming Goggles
- Loose jewellery, including neck chains and bracelets.
- Unsecured items in pockets.
- You will not use cameras or other photographic equipment while on the waterslide.
- You will follow staff instructions at all times.
- You will not run adjacent to pools, or while in aquatic areas due to the likely slippery surface.
- Children between 5 and 10 years of age will not be permitted into aquatic areas of the centre unless they are accompanied by a responsible person over 16 years of age.
- Children under 5 years of age must remain under the direct supervision of a person who is at least over 16 years of age.
- Any unsupervised children will be removed from the water until the responsible person over 16 years of age returns to supervise them.
- You acknowledge that:
- If you visit the facility with babies and/or toddlers, they will be required to wear water-proof aqua nappies at all times.
- People who suffer from incontinence must also wear water-proof nappies, pants or swimwear.
- Used nappies will be disposed of in dedicated nappy bins.
- After using the toilet or changing a nappy, you will wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water
- If a toilet accident occurs, you will notify our staff promptly.
- You will take note of any additional pool-specific rules, guidelines or recommendations listed on signage prior to entering Aquatic areas.
Warm water pool
- You will follow staff instructions at all times.
- This pool is for gentle exercise and rehabilitation purposes only, no lap swimming is allowed in this pool.
- Children under 16 years of age are not permitted in the warm water pool, unless authorised by centre management to undertake a prescribed program issued by a medical practitioner.
- Infants within parent’s arms are permitted under the strict condition that their use does not disrupt the gentle exercise of other users.
- Sections of this pool may be used for scheduled aquatic programs and public access may be restricted during these times.
- You will take note of any additional warm water pool-specific rules, guidelines or recommendations listed on signage prior to entering the aquatic area
Spas, Sauna and Steam Room
- You will follow staff instruction at all times.
- Only members and guests aged 16 years and over are permitted to use the spas, sauna and steam room.
- Reading material such as newspapers, books and magazines, or portable electrical devices are not permitted.
- You will remain seated in the spas, sauna and steam room.
- Oils are not permitted into the sauna or steam room.
- You will report any suspicious or reckless activity to our staff.
- You will take note of any additional spa/sauna/steam room-specific rules, guidelines or recommendations listed on signage prior to entering the aquatic area