This page is updated regularly and is correct as of Monday 16 August.
With the Victorian Government announcing a further extension to lockdown, our centre will be closed until at least Friday 24 September.
We're truly shattered to be closing again so soon and for so long, but we're willing to take this break to keep you all safe.
All memberships will be suspended. Members including Swim and Play students have received communication.
While we're closed, make sure you download the Hume Fit app, which gives you heaps of options to workout anytime, anywhere! Find out more at splash.hume.vic.gov.au/humefit-app
We hope to see you back in the centre very soon
What does this mean for Swim and Play members?
- Swimming lessons have been suspended
- Lockdown announcements are happening on a week-by-week basis so we have to manage your membership accordingly.
- A credit will be applied to your membership for cancelled lessons which have already been paid for.
- If you have a debit scheduled while we're still closed, that payment may go through depending on the day of your lesson. If debited, your membership will be credited and used for future lessons when we reopen.
- Debit days will remain the same as your current debit schedule.
- If you have any overdue fees on your account, this amount will still be deducted on your scheduled date.
- At this stage we anticipate re-opening for swimming lessons on Friday 3 September if restrictions allow us to do so. Any lessons paid for in advance will be automatically credited and no member will be disadvantaged for lessons not received. We are extremely disheartened that there is another break in swimming lessons. We will be in touch when we have more information about our reopening. Until then we will continue to update this page as information changes
What does this mean members?
- All direct debits are suspended. Some members may be charged a partial (pro rata) payment during the closure period if payments are due. After this, you will not be charged until our centres reopen.
- All expiry dates for paid-up-front memberships, and those with multi-visit passes, will be extended for the length of the closure.
- Facility bookings at any of the leisure centres will be cancelled.
We know that a return to restrictions is tough, but these short term measures are designed to stop this outbreak so we can get back to doing what we love sooner!
We will be in touch when we have more information about our reopening.
- Taekwondo, Water groovers and dance classes have been suspended.
- Credits will be applied to membership for missed classes.
- Singstar will move to zoom classes.
- You can find out about these latest restrictions by visiting the Department of Health and Human Services website or phone the Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398.
- Information is also available in different languages.
- Information about these restrictions and how they will affect Council facilities and services can be found at Hume City Council’s website.
Who can I contact if I have further questions?
- Our staff will be available for any questions via email.