Our Swim School helps babies, toddlers, children, teens and adults of all abilities to develop important water safety skills.
Our existing members now have access to an online portal. Create your online account now and have access to:
- View class vacancies
- Move students to a different time slot
- View student progressions
- Receive digital certificates
- Update your details
- Fix overdue payments
Our Hume Swim School is run at our three leisure centres, Splash Aqua Park and Leisure Centre, Broadmeadows Aquatic & Leisure Centre and Sunbury Aquatic & Leisure Centre.
This learn to swim program caters for people aged between 6 months of age through to older adults and is designed to cater for our Hume community.
It covers all aspects of swimming and stroke correction with a strong emphasis on water safety.
More information on our swim school membership and levels can be found below.
Our Swim School is made up of three categories for different age groups and needs:
Our infant program for children aged 6 months to 3 years. Children in this program, who will be accompanied by an adult, will develop basic water familiarisation and water safety skills. They will be introduced to safe entry and exits procedures around water, breath control and basic movements through water all in an effort to build independence.
Our pre-school program for children aged 3-5 years. Children in this program will develop water confidence and acquire water safety skills without being accompanied by an adult. They will be exposed to the concepts of buoyancy and floatation, build upon their understanding of water safety and advance their underwater and deep water skills.
Our school aged program from 5-12 years of age. Children in this program will refine stroke technique and acquire a deeper understanding of water safety knowledge and skills. Children will develop more advanced swimming strokes, attain further deep water skills and the application of various survival strategies in all aquatic environments.
We also run swim programs that sit outside our learn to swim program. These include our teenage classes, adults classes, squad programs, swim ability and privates lessons. These lessons and programs are for beginners to experienced swimmers of all ages.
Our 30-minute classes will be held during the following times:
- Weekdays - 9am-11.30am and 4pm-7.30pm
- Weekends - 8.30am-12.30pm
- There has been unprecedented interest in our Swim School and we're currently at capacity.
- We will contact families directly when places become available and will provide further information about enrolment opportunities.
- Register your interest online for your preferred location using the following links
Swim and Play
Our Swim and Play Membership is convenient, packed with value and member bonuses and secures your place year round.
Enjoy the convenience of automatic renewal, spread your payments over 24 fortnightly direct debits, and ensure your child doesn't lose their place by guaranteeing their enrolment each term.
Swim and Play members receive:
- Up to 40 swimming lessons per year, held over the four Victorian primary and secondary school terms
- Unlimited year round pool access for your child and an accompanying adult
- One month of summer on us, with no payments for a 4 week period during December-January
- A Junior Swim Pack including a sling bag, drink bottle, junior goggles and other goodies valued at $31.00
- Free waterslides access for your child and an accompanying adult on your child’s birthday
- Free pool access for your child and one accompanying adult at Broadmeadows Aquatic and Leisure Centre and Sunbury Aquatic and Leisure Centre year round.
Benefits of the Swim and Play membership:
- Online payments – Enrol and authorise your direct debit payments easily on the Splash website
- Guaranteed placement – Automatic renewal ensures you keep your spot in our program
- Convenient payments – Spread your payments over the year, with fortnightly direct debits from your debit or credit card
- No lock in terms – Cancel at any time by providing two weeks’ notice in writing
- Family discounts – For families enrolling more than one child.
Ongoing fees (24 fortnights a year)
|1 Child||2 Children||3 Children||4 Children|
Term Dates 2022
Term 1 Monday 31, January - Sunday 10 April
Term 2 Tuesday 26, April - Sunday 26 June
Term 3 Monday 11, July - Sunday 18 September
Term 4 Monday 3, October - Sunday 18 December
Got a question about our Swim School? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.